December 17, 2012

Blend of sautéed mushrooms to start…

No, I did not spend my Sunday afternoon wandering in the forest looking for mushrooms… It would not have been very safe. The hunting season started and the rules are pretty flexible around here…
As well I would not trust my mushroom skills. I am a city girl and all I know is the button mushroom call « Champignon de Paris » in France. Yes, poor me !

But look what I gathered today… at the supermarket, in the safe fresh veggies section :


The Red Pine mushrooms are from Cyprus. Freshly picked. I like the color, the shape and the crispy texture.


The following recipe is inspired from the starter we had last week end at Gaya Bistro Bar in Binyamina, Israël. The mushrooms had been picked three hours earlier.

Sitting at the bar, no better place to be, to watch the cook throwing the mushrooms up in the air a couple of time. A glass of good red wine. The mushrooms dancing in the pan, when not in the air, with the sizzling oil and the almost caramelized garlic. Nice entertainment before to dig in…

Blend of sautéed mushrooms
Serves 2 to 3

Ingredients :
  • 150g Oyster mushrooms
  • 150g Red Pine mushrooms
  • 100g Portobello mushrooms
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan shavings
  • Salt and pepper
Steps :
  1. Clean, trim, and cut the mushrooms in bite-size pieces.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Sauté the chopped garlic over medium heat, until softer.
  3. Add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté the mushrooms until crisp tender.
  4. Dress the mushrooms on a plate. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan.

2 comments:

  1. The color on the red pine mushrooms are amazing! I love simple dishes like this.

    ReplyDelete